Abony

Abony is a town in Pest County, Hungary.

Its sights, attractions 

History 

Abony and its surroundings have been inhabited since ancient times, as evidenced by the archaeological finds found here. Significant Sarmatian finds from its territory : iron sword, spear, sickle, and remains of a cemetery from the Avar and Conquest periods: gilded ornaments and numerous dandelions were found.

The oldest written record mentioning the name of the settlement dates from 1238. In the 13th century it belonged to the castle of Szolnok . From the middle of the 14th century it was owned by the Verzsenyi family. 1450 Buy Aban included as written sources. 1474 from Balázs Magyar , Hungary Benigna and Paul Kinizsi estate, and in 1515 in Stephen Werbőczy received a royal gift. From the middle of the 16th century , its owners were Ferenc Batthyány, Máté Angyal and the Horváth family from Vázsonykő. 1552 in Turkish authority was signed. 1597in it was completely destroyed by the Tartars. 

It began to be repopulated in the early 17th century , but was completely destroyed again during the liberation campaigns. Its inhabitants fled to Nagykőrös . After resettlement, Abony became the property of several landlords, the largest of whom was the Balogh family.

Contact

Name of the mayor's office:
email
abony@abony.hu
address
2740 Abony, Kossuth Lajos tér 1.
phone
(53) 360-135