The Festival International d’Art Lyrique d’Aix-en-Provence is an annual international music festival which takes place each summer in Aix-en-Provence, principally in July. Devoted mainly to opera, it also includes concerts of orchestral, chamber, vocal and solo instrumental music.
Performances are given in a variety of locations, including:
- the Théâtre de l’Archevêché, in the courtyard of the former archbishop’s palace
- the Grand Théâtre de Provence, opened in 2007
- the Jeu de Paumes, a restored 18th century theatre
- the courtyard of the Hôtel Maynier d’Oppède
- the Théâtre du Grand Saint-Jean, in the grounds of a chateau near Aix