Not far from the castle, on the Main Street, you can also see the Holocaust Memorial, inaugurated in 2016, with which a memorial to the approximately 360 Jewish people deported from Beled was erected.
The village got its name from the personal name Belud, which is common in the Oslo genus . Its first mention in chartered sources dates back to 1230 . Its medieval owners are families descended from the Oslo clan: Ostffy, Csorna, Kanizsay and the Csorna provost . In 1536 it was owned by the Nádasdys and from 1681 by the Esterházys .
In 1594 . The Turkish devastation of the year reached the village as well, but the resettlement soon began. At the beginning of the 17th century , Moses Cziráky acquired the greater part of the village and created the Cziráky estate. And on the fragmented noble estates, the serfless, one-armed nobles began to take root.
Due to the multiple subsidence of the area by geological period, at least 3-4 buried fossil soil layers can be detected in the mining of the Beled brick factory. The flat area is covered by clay castings of the tributaries of the Rába and the Répce . There is also gravel at a depth of 1-3 meters, which was laid by the Rába.