The Borse van Amsterdam ( Amsterdam Stock Exchange ) is a Renaissance and Baroque style building located opposite the Belfry of Aalst on the Grand Place in the Belgian city of Aalst ( Aalst in Dutch) in the province of East Flanders .
Since the end of the xiv th century stood in this place a meat market. This hall was demolished in 1629 to make way for the current building, built from 1630 to 1634 by the architect Jan du Can or by the architect Gaspar Van der Moesen. Originally used as an orphanage, the building is occupied from 1663 until the end of the xviii th century by the rhetoric chamber Barbarakamer (literary society, rederijkerskamer in Dutch).
The building has been classified as a historical monument since September 27, 1945and appear in the Inventory of immovable heritage of the Flemish Region under the reference 60.
Today, it houses a very classy and highly popular restaurant.