The pioneering stone facade of the oldest part, which during the sixteenth and seventeenth centuries was several times extended towards the south, inspired in quick succession the city halls of Brussels, Ghent, Leuven and Oudenaarde.
The statues under the stone baldachin-canopies on the building’s facade have been renewed several times. At the time of the French Revolution all the statues were destroyed. A small number of genuine pieces are now included in the collections of the city museum. The crenelated facade is topped off with little turrets and the roof is decorated with its own little crests and dormers. In 1766 the door on the left side of the building’s facade was repositioned to make the overall effect more symmetrical.
|seniors 65+||€ 7,00|
|Youth up to 25 years||€ 6,00|
|Children up to 12 years||€ 0,00|
|Musea Brugge Card||€ 0,00|
|Friends of Musea Brugge||€ 0,00|