Celldömölk is the fifth largest town in Vas County, Hungary. Parts of the Eragon movie were filmed here. The town with 11,000 inhabitants can be found in the centre of Kemenesalja Hills. It has a history older than 750 years. On the western boundaries of the town, you can visit the remains of the abbey built in the 12th century in Roman style.
- Among the many sights and monuments of the former Kiscell stands out is the Roman Catholic parish church of the Virgin Mary , which was built in 1747-48 under the direction of the Coptic abbot. It was handed over and blessed in the presence of the bishop of Győr in the autumn of 1748, but it was consecrated only by Bishop János Szily in 1780 . Its interior painting took place in the late 19th century , with major renovations in 1948 and 1975/76. The significant building has a Latin cross floor plan, 50 m long and 11 m wide. On the western entrance side there are two 40-meter towers, which are squat in relation to the size of the church, including a curved façade, a wooden statue of St. Anne above the entrance , and a glass mosaic picture above the main ledge, 1948), above it is the monogram of the Virgin Mary. Next to it are mosaic-like glass paintings of the cross coin of St. Benedict . Below the tower on the left was a plaque commemorating the miraculous escape of the church during the 1945 bombings. The tower clocks were installed in 1929. Inside the church, 6-6 chapels were built on either side of the nave. The artificial stone stations are the works of Antal Borsa (1942). Starting to the right of the entrance, we can see the following altars: next to the altar dedicated to the birth of Jesus, a statue of St. Anthony of Padua was placed. On the altar of St. Michael the Archangel St. Peter and Mary Magdalenehis statues are visible. The altarpiece proclaiming the glory of the Holy Reader depicts the surrender of the Holy Reader. The St. Benedict -mellékoltár altarpiece ( Francis Globucsnig addition, Győr) Saint Maurice and Saint Placid stands the statue. The altar of St. John of Nepomuk was commissioned by Anna Ráskai, and the painting in which the patron saint of the confession is highlighted by the angels from the rocky Moldavia , painted by István Dorfmeister (1767). To the left of the main entrance, on the altar named after the Holy Cross, stand two angels , one holding a spear and the other holding bile. The church received its current organ in 1914, but its master (Mauracher, Salzburg) made it for the Pannonhalma Basilica in 1876. The equipment is mostly baroque. The monastery is located south of the Church of the Assumptionthe foundations of its building were laid in 1760. It was originally designed to be rectangular, but could only be realized to the U-shape. In the fall of 1763, a cute double cross was erected on the facade in solemn conditions. The interior work was not completed until 1770, so, although it was officially handed over in 1768, it cannot be considered the exact date of construction. A sundial can be seen on the south façade. The interior paintings of the rooms of the former cluster were whitewashed in the 1950s.
- Attached to the ensemble described above is the statue of the Holy Trinity (György Holler) in the middle of the square to the south of them , which was built in 1836 with the help of a foundation established in 1790. According to the inscription, thanks to the work of city judges Joachim József and Niederreiter Ferdinánd. The pedestal below the naming sculpture group shows the figures of St. Paul , St. Stephen , St. John and St. Florian the Hermit .
- The Heroic Monument (János Gács) in the middle of the memorial park in Széchenyi Street, in the square between the two primary schools, was inaugurated in 1926.
- The János Hunyadi memorial column was erected in 1956 to commemorate the triumph of Nándorfehérvár. It is interesting that it does not show the coat of arms of the Hunyadi family.
- The building of the former Salt Office and then the Office of the Chief Servant Judge was erected in 1786 in a braid style .
- Sághegy Museum
- Volcano Spa and Adventure Bath : the Cellul Volcano medicinal water comes from a depth of 1245 m, which is a soft water with sodium bicarbonate and chloride with a significant fluoride content. The well was drilled in 2003 and its water is mainly used to relieve locomotor complaints.
- City Hall ( 2010 )