Public institution Vocational and technical school is located in Derventa. It is one of two high schools in the city. The other is SSC “Mihajlo Pupin” Derventa.
The first high school that was founded in the area of Derventa was the gymnasium that was founded in 1912, and in 1914 the Teachers’ School was opened, which was then called Reparandija. In 1929, the State Branch Mixed School was opened, followed by the Agricultural and Apprentice School.
From the end of World War II until the outbreak of the Civil War in BiH in 1992, the high school center was divided into four OOURs. The number of students reached up to 4,000. Already in the first year of the war in 1992, the High School Center suffered destruction. 11/16/1992 The Vocational School for Workers’ Occupations begins its work, and today it is called the Vocational and Technical School. The students were then educated in 3 professions and 8 occupations of the third and fourth degree. In the school year 2014/15. year, classes in this educational institution are attended by 541 students in the 21st grade.
economics, law and trade (economic technician, business and legal technician and trade technician)
agriculture and food processing (agricultural and veterinary technician)
catering and tourism (tourist technician, waiter and chef)
mechanical engineering and metal processing (locksmith, metalworking machine, CNC technician)