Dunaújváros

The city is best known for its steelworks, which is the largest in the country.

Dunaújváros county town in the Central Transdanubia region , in the south-eastern part of Fejér County , on the right bank of the Danube . It is the seat of the Dunaújváros district , the second most populated settlement of the county after Székesfehérvár . It is one of the highest income settlements in Hungary, a major economic, cultural and sports center, as well as a university city .

In ancient times , an important military settlement of the Romans called Intercisa lay on its territory . Pentele , a market town significant since the modern era , has been developed into an industrial city since the 1950s . Its architecture represents a value of European significance.

Sights

  • Lattice Church (Serbian Orthodox)

It was built in 1696. The iconostasis of the proportioned baroque building is an example of 18th century folk baroque architecture. Church benches and plaques were made in the 19th century.

  • Old Town Roman Catholic Church (Holy Trinity Church)

The neo-Romanesque three-nave church was built in 1864. Its 27-meter-high tower is home to 3 bells. It has a maximum mass of 377 kilograms and sounds b1.

Designed by Tamás Nagy Ybl Miklós Prize-winning architect. The church is made of red brick with an oval area. The three-nave church is also connected to a tower, parish and parsonage. The brick of the cladding is supplemented in places by copper and wood elements. Your egg floor plan symbolizes infinity and life. The unadorned building impresses primarily with its mass and curved shapes.

It was built between 1982 and 1985 according to the plans of the Miklós Ybl Prize-winning architect István Szabó . The steel structure of the building refers to the steel production here, but the star-shaped structure visible from the inside also gives effect to the Reformed symbolism. In 1917, the collection began to build a church foundation. In 1932 he managed to buy a house for the reverend. Until then, the services were held in one of the classrooms of the public school. A new pastor’s apartment was soon built next to the old house, so the old part of the building became the assembly hall. Believers have been using their new church since 1985.

  • Christ the King main church and parish

The Roman Catholic parish acquired the triangular plot in 1992. The foundation stone of the church designed by Zoltán Oláh M. was laid in 1993. The new church was blessed in 2000 and consecrated on November 22, 2008. The parish of the Good Shepherd in Bittigheim-Bissingen, Germany, donated benches, an altar, a tabernacle, a reading desk, and two manual, 22-register organs. The four bells of the church were made in 2005 and 2006 in Őrbottyán .

The former machine tattoos offer an interesting sight as a symbol of a vanished world. The exhibition is an unfenced, open-air outdoor attraction.

  • Danube Bank International Steel Sculpture Park

More than 60 works can be seen on the Danube promenades at the creative colony, which has now been held 11 times.

  • Roman stone store and ruin garden

An air-heated house has been reconstructed here. The Mithras tablet was also found here, but there are also a number of tombstones, landmarks and inscribed stones. The spa has been given a defensive building, the remains can be seen freely.

  • Unique trees and rows of trees protected throughout the city

The cityscape is characterized by promenades and parks. These ensure that the city remains ecologically cohesive and excellently mitigate the impact of buildings striving for oversized monumentality.

  • Monument to the Heroes of 1848-49

Designed by József Palotás.A copy of a Roman find in the cityPentele bridge

Contact

Mayor 's Office of Dunaújváros County
email
polgarmester@dunaujvaros.hu
address
2400 Dunaújváros, Városháza tér 1-2.
phone
06-25 / 544-100