Dunaújváros county town in the Central Transdanubia region , in the south-eastern part of Fejér County , on the right bank of the Danube . It is the seat of the Dunaújváros district , the second most populated settlement of the county after Székesfehérvár . It is one of the highest income settlements in Hungary, a major economic, cultural and sports center, as well as a university city .
In ancient times , an important military settlement of the Romans called Intercisa lay on its territory . Pentele , a market town significant since the modern era , has been developed into an industrial city since the 1950s . Its architecture represents a value of European significance.
- Lattice Church (Serbian Orthodox)
It was built in 1696. The iconostasis of the proportioned baroque building is an example of 18th century folk baroque architecture. Church benches and plaques were made in the 19th century.
- Old Town Roman Catholic Church (Holy Trinity Church)
The neo-Romanesque three-nave church was built in 1864. Its 27-meter-high tower is home to 3 bells. It has a maximum mass of 377 kilograms and sounds b1.
- Lutheran church
Designed by Tamás Nagy Ybl Miklós Prize-winning architect. The church is made of red brick with an oval area. The three-nave church is also connected to a tower, parish and parsonage. The brick of the cladding is supplemented in places by copper and wood elements. Your egg floor plan symbolizes infinity and life. The unadorned building impresses primarily with its mass and curved shapes.
- Reformed Church
It was built between 1982 and 1985 according to the plans of the Miklós Ybl Prize-winning architect István Szabó . The steel structure of the building refers to the steel production here, but the star-shaped structure visible from the inside also gives effect to the Reformed symbolism. In 1917, the collection began to build a church foundation. In 1932 he managed to buy a house for the reverend. Until then, the services were held in one of the classrooms of the public school. A new pastor’s apartment was soon built next to the old house, so the old part of the building became the assembly hall. Believers have been using their new church since 1985.
- Christ the King main church and parish
The Roman Catholic parish acquired the triangular plot in 1992. The foundation stone of the church designed by Zoltán Oláh M. was laid in 1993. The new church was blessed in 2000 and consecrated on November 22, 2008. The parish of the Good Shepherd in Bittigheim-Bissingen, Germany, donated benches, an altar, a tabernacle, a reading desk, and two manual, 22-register organs. The four bells of the church were made in 2005 and 2006 in Őrbottyán .
- Industrial history exhibition of the Danube Ironworks
The former machine tattoos offer an interesting sight as a symbol of a vanished world. The exhibition is an unfenced, open-air outdoor attraction.
- Danube Bank International Steel Sculpture Park
More than 60 works can be seen on the Danube promenades at the creative colony, which has now been held 11 times.
- Roman stone store and ruin garden
An air-heated house has been reconstructed here. The Mithras tablet was also found here, but there are also a number of tombstones, landmarks and inscribed stones. The spa has been given a defensive building, the remains can be seen freely.
- Unique trees and rows of trees protected throughout the city
The cityscape is characterized by promenades and parks. These ensure that the city remains ecologically cohesive and excellently mitigate the impact of buildings striving for oversized monumentality.
- Monument to the Heroes of 1848-49
- Salki Island
- Intercisa Museum
- Blacksmith Museum
- Remains of a Roman settlement, Intercisa
- Dunaújváros International Steel Sculptor’s Creative Colony
- Móder Music Sculpture Park
- Paper Mill Factory History Collection
- Mondbach mansion and steam mill
- Baracsi út steam mill
- Sigray Mansion (Sándorpuszta)
- Janitsáry Mansion (Szávitsmajor)
- Rosti Castle (Pálhalma)
- Frankl Mansion (Szedrespuszta)
- Downtown socialist-style residential and public buildings ( Dunaújváros downtown )
- Baracsi Road Arboretum
- Danube bee colony
- Danube bank
- Heroic monument of 1914–18
- Monument to Soviet soldiers
- The Second World War and Fascism victims memorial
- ’56’s Kopjafa
- 1956 monument
- Old catholic cemetery
- Calvary on the Old Mountain
- Pentele bridge
- Dunaújváros Fabó Éva Sports Swimming Pool
- Aquantis Wellness and Medical Center