Gyönk was mentioned for the first time in 1280, but the neighborhood (and Gyönk) was already a populated area by then. The village was inhabited by Turks for some time, and by the time of the Rákóczi it was depopulated. In the early 18th century Hungarian and German families arrived in the village. The school was founded in 1806. In 1882, the Budapest-Pécs-Dombóvár-rail line, which passes through the Kapos Valley connected the village.
In 1891, there were 3,371 German and Hungarian inhabitants. In 1947, a Czechoslovak-Hungarian population exchange saw 9 Highland Hungarian families (55 people) resettled in the upland village of Martos.
- Country house: The country house was built around the middle of the 19th century and was a house with a thatched roof and a beaten wall. In the 1930s, a new barn and shed were built, and the old barn became a tool chamber.
- Lutheran Church: completed in 1896. The neo-Gothic style church was designed by architect Gyula Reppmann. It is the largest Lutheran church in Southern Transdanubia. The church organ was made by the Rieger organ factory in 1897.
- Catholic church: built in 1926. Dr. Martin Éri.
- Reformed Church: It was built between 1775 and 1777 and was consecrated on May 25, 1777. First without a tower, then with a wooden bell tower.
- Magyary-Kossa Castle: The classicist-style, two-storey, 11-axis, two-storey, fully basement building was erected in the 1830s. Built by Sámuel Magyary-Kossa (1781–1866). There is a sign on the wall of the castle indicating the wrong date of construction. After the Magyary-Kossa family, it was also owned by other families. The building is a monument like the Reformed Church.