It is located 25 km from Kaposvár , on the border of Inner Somogy and Zselic . Kaposvár and Nagyatad , the 61 and 68 of the main roads from the Kaposfő – Lábod between 6616 on road , Szigetvár from the 6 main road far stretching 6607-road , Nagybajom hand, in the 6618’s way .
The floor plan of the settlement is regular due to the 19th century arrangement: it consists of streets perpendicular to each other.
The following steppes belonged to the village: Hódos-puszta, Körmendpuszta and Somogyszentimrepuszta .
Points of interest
- Somogyszentimre earthen castle (according to Gyula Nováki Bronze Age)
- Roman Catholic Church (Classicist, built between 1832-1840, designed and built by Johann Felder)
- Reformed Church (Neo-Gothic, built between 1905 and 1906, designed and built by Emil Károlyi and Imre Schlauch)
- Vótapuszta castle building (built between 1910-1911, built by Géza Somssich)
- Heroes’ Square – Heroic Monument (claimed: 1924)
- Tibor Subotica’s private oratory