Kadarkút

Hungary

Kadarkút is a town in Somogy county , Kaposvár district . Prior to the abolition of the micro-regions in 2014, it was the seat of the Kadarkút micro-region .

Location 

It is located 25 km from Kaposvár , on the border of Inner Somogy and Zselic . Kaposvár and Nagyatad , the 61 and 68 of the main roads from the Kaposfő – Lábod between 6616 on road , Szigetvár from the 6 main road far stretching 6607-road , Nagybajom hand, in the 6618’s way .

The floor plan of the settlement is regular due to the 19th century arrangement: it consists of streets perpendicular to each other.

The following steppes belonged to the village: Hódos-puszta, Körmendpuszta and Somogyszentimrepuszta .

Points of interest

  • Somogyszentimre earthen castle (according to Gyula Nováki Bronze Age)
  • Roman Catholic Church (Classicist, built between 1832-1840, designed and built by Johann Felder)
  • Reformed Church (Neo-Gothic, built between 1905 and 1906, designed and built by Emil Károlyi and Imre Schlauch)
  • Vótapuszta castle building (built between 1910-1911, built by Géza Somssich)
  • Heroes’ Square – Heroic Monument (claimed: 1924)
  • Tibor Subotica’s private oratory

Contact

Kadarkút City Self-Government
email
Hivatal@kadarkutph.hu
address
7530 Kadarkút, Petőfi S. u. 2.
phone
82 / 581-030