It is located in the southern part of Heves county, next to Lake Tisza . The city has a railway station ( Kisköre ) and a railway station ( Kisköre-Tiszahíd ) on the Kál-Kápolna – Kisújszállás railway line .
The old village has been depopulated several times during its more than 700-year history. Like a significant part of the villages in the area, it first belonged to the diocese of Eger, then to the bishopric of Satu Mare, until the latter until 1804 .
Its inhabitants were mainly of the Reformed religion, their livelihood was mainly provided by the Tisza , but many were forced to work part-time away from their home village in order to support their families. The settlement still preserves the traditions of peasant culture, which is commemorated by regular meetings. The church of the late Baroque monument was built in 1777 . The material memories of the past, the folk art values, are today preserved in a Village Museum made of a listed house.
A decisive change in the life of the city was the dam built here, handed over in 1975 , which radically changed the life not only of Kisköre, but also of the Middle Tisza region , the Great Plain . Kiskore one of the largest, Lake Tisza region in 2005 in the city also received the rank of town. With its rich tourist offer and sights, it is one of the defining centers of the area.
- Country house
- Late baroque church
- Small circles of the dam
- Open-air beach