The town includes many monuments listed in the general inventory of the cultural heritage of France. Town hall village hall: History of dance and History of the True Tree , frescoes painted in 1959 by Gabriel Moiselet (1885-1961).
The first cemetery was built around the parish church, the current Saint-Jean-Baptiste chapel, until 1808, when the owner of the castle, Claude-Ambroise Régnier , Duke of Massa, Minister of Justice and the Police of Napoleon I , bought the land of the cemetery, enclosed between the church and the outbuildings of the castle. The space then integrates its domain and is transformed prosaically into a backyard.
The burials, for their part, were raised and relocated a few distances from the village, on new land located at the corner of rue de la Cavée (current rue Paul-Rivet) and road to Versailles (current avenue du Général-Leclerc ).
But this second cemetery will soon be deemed insufficient. In fact, in 1864, the municipality decided to close it and transfer the graves again to another land called Le Trou aux Chevaux and located at the western edge of the town, at the crossroads of the Igny road and the road to Versailles. This cemetery, on what is now Avenue Édouard-Herriot, was enlarged in 1930, after the construction of the garden cities, reaching the size we know today.
Robinson’s popularity is due to ball-restaurants built in large chestnut trees. The Val d’Aulnay , an area which separates the Plessis (Piquet) from Châtenay-Malabry, is indeed very woody and in particular in chestnut trees . In Saint-Éloi was a refreshment stall; in 1848, Joseph Gueusquin, a lover of the stories inspired by Robinson Crusoe (and especially the Swiss Robinson by Johann David Wyss , published in 1812), had the idea of installing platforms and other huts in the largest chestnut trees interconnected. He established a ball-restaurant there under the banner of Grand Robinson. It was renamed the True Tree in 1888. The fashion was launched and the all-thronged Paris Sunday at Robinson to attend the dozen taverns built between the second half of the xix th century and the beginning of the xx th century. The Grand Duke Constantine , Isabella of Spain , Alfonso XIII and many others came to eat at the Grand Robinson. The train line was then specially extended to the Quatre Chemins à Robinson, and the Sceaux-Robinson station was built in 1895.
Robinson’s most famous guinguettes were Au Vrai Arbre , Le Grand Arbre , l’Arbre des Roches , Au Grand Saint-Éloi , The fame of French fries or even L’Ermitage , L’Arbre de la Terrasse , Le Vrai Robinson , The Golden Snail .
We climbed to Robinson’s establishments with donkeys, and many taverns were equipped with pulley systems to carry meals in baskets to platforms in the branches.
- Property of General Girardin: located Chemin du Calvaire, it was originally a huge domain that extended over almost all of Aulnay . In the gardens, a few years ago you could see a prehistoric covered alley on which a Calvary was planted in 1517.
- Property of the Moulin Fidel, rue du Moulin-Fidel: there used to be a fortification tower transformed by the Feuillants into a mill and of which Henri de la Touche speaks in verse .
- Property of Frédéric-César de la Harpe: located at the corner of avenue Édouard-Herriot and rue Paul-Rivet . Frédéric-César de La Harpe bought this property of just over five hectares onSeptember 6, 1799for the sum of 45,000 francs when he arrived in France after his hasty departure from Switzerland. He had previously been the tutor of the Grand Dukes of Russia Alexander and Constantine, and left Russia in 1795 with the rank of colonel, to return to Switzerland and participate in the Revolution of 1798 and became one of the Directors of the Helvetic Republic .
- Property in n o 9 of the old Grande Rue: the house was demolished in 1954. The park extends over the opposite hill adjacent to the City of Childhood is one of the oldest arboretum in France.
- The garden city (1924–1939): it is part of the fifteen garden cities built by the HBM Office of the Seine , then headed by Henri Sellier . It was designed by architects Maurice Payret-Dortail , Jean Demay, and Jean Festoc, and then included individual and collective dwellings (241 at the end of the 1930s), as well as shops. It was renovated in 2000 under the supervision of town planner Antoine Grumbach .
Today, town hall located in the heart of the city, rue de la Mairie and rue de la Resistance. The largest current parties of the xvii th century. Notice the covered passage, at the foot of which a stone statue represents a helmeted guard on duty? as well as the terrace and the monumental staircase with their wrought iron balcony, a facade has bas-reliefs representing children’s games. In the small garden behind the terrace at the top of the staircase stood a majestic sequoia in the middle of a flowerbed surrounded by four statues representing the Seasons. The old orangery is transformed into a storage room, there was around 1960 a kindergarten.
Château Colbert, known as Petit Château
This property located rue de Fontenay, with park and outbuildings already belonged to Colbert leJanuary 16, 1682, when Louis XIV sold the seigneury of Plessis to his minister. He made this place a model farm. He resold this domain onJanuary 14, 1683to Sébastien François de la Planche. Mr. Lewandowski will be the last owner of this house which became an Israelite refuge in 1888, then a horticultural school, inaugurated onJune 14, 1909by the Prefect of the Seine: Justin Germain Casimir de Selves at the same time as the road linking Plessis to Robinson, and today the presbytery.
Castle of Solitude
Located at 29 rue Paul Rivet (street Cavée), this castle is built in the xix th century by a chocolate merchant named Marquis. This building had stables and a large park, it was located in the basin of rue Paul-Rivet. Their only daughter, heir to the estate, joined the Carmelite order , and the latter established a convent there. René Viviani , President of the Council at the start of the First World War , died in 1925 in this place which was transformed for a time into a retirement home.
This house will become the property of the National Education which will make it a place of reception for young girls in great social difficulties, single mothers . The site of a strike movement by residents in 1972 who claimed rights linked to their condition of ” daughter-mother “, it was closed definitively in 1976. The TV movie Elles Les Filles du Plessis (2016) by Bénédicte Delmas with Sandrine Bonnaire retraces part of her history.
The listening pond if it rains : built by order of d’Artagnan . Water being very scarce there, the villagers named it in derision. Dried up in the 1960s, the gymnasium of the Henri-Wallon school group was built on its site.
The Colbert pond located between the Place des Quinconces, the rue de Fontenay and the Chaussée de l’Étang in the immediate vicinity of the Marie-Lannelongue surgical center: it kept the name of the minister who had it dug for the needs of his farm, and which was also used for the irrigation of his domain of Sceaux. It is supplied by the Ru de la Fontaine au Moulin , there used to be a mill called “Le Moulin Piquet”. In 1954, it was carried out cleaning and development of the surroundings to make it a place to walk and satisfy the local fishermen.
- Church of Saint-Jean-Baptiste
- Parish Church of Sainte-Marie-Magdeleine, rue André-Le-Nôtre: built in 1966, as part of the cardinal’s work by André Remondet (1908-1998), Grand Prix de Rome in 1936, member of the Institute .
- The Feuillants convent, built in 1614. The church is under the name of Saint-Étienne . Among the successive priests, we count Philippe Pysart , monk of Sait Germain d’Auxerre in 1545, Simon Lefranc in 1725, François de la Garde in 1730, Fauvet in 1790.