Lipova is a town in Romania, Arad County, located in the Banat region of western Transylvania. It is situated at a distance of 34 km from Arad, the county capital, at the contact zone of the Mureș River with the Zărand Mountains, Western Plateau and Lipovei Hills. It administers two villages, Radna (Máriaradna) and Șoimoș (Solymosvár), and its total surface is 134.6 square km.
The first written record of the town dates back to 1315 under the name Lipwa. In 1324 the settlement was mentioned as castellanus de Lypua, a place-name that reflects its reinforced character of that time.
The car industry, light industry, services and tourism are the most representative economic sectors. The tourist sites of the town include both natural and anthropic elements. Due to the abundance of tourist attractions, Lipova is an important tourism centre. The natural reservation “Balta Șoimoș”, the Șoimoș castle, the monastery called “Saint Mary” in Radna, the church called “Buna Vestire” in Șoimoș, the church named “Adormirea Maicii Domnului”, the town museum, the “Sub dughene” bazaar (Turkish bazaar), the environs of the town-hall (Nicolae Bălcescu Street) and the thermal bath where springs with curative mineral water flow.