Ljutomer is a town in northeastern Slovenia, some 40 km east of Maribor. It is the seat of the Municipality of Ljutomer. Traditionally it was part of the region of Styria. It is now included in the Mura Statistical Region. The economy of Ljutomer is largely based on grape farming and wine making.
|• Mayor||Olga Karba|
|• Total||107.2 km (41.4 sq mi)|
|• Density||110/km (280/sq mi)|
|Time zone||UTC+01 (CET)|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC+02 (CEST)|
Ljutomer lies at the heart of the Prlekija region. It was first mentioned as a settlement in written documents dating back to 1242. In 1265 it was granted market rights. It was devastated by the plague and numerous fires, and it also had to defend itself against Ottoman and Hungarian raids. The first mass rally (tabor) in support of a United Slovenia took place in Ljutomer in 1868. Before 1918, the town had a substantial German-speaking minority: in 1910, 46% of the inhabitants of the town were German speakers. The surroundings, on the other hand, were almost exclusively Slovene-speaking. Ljutomer was given town status in 1927. The tradition of the Slovenian national awakening of the 19th century is continued by the town library, town museum, and the art gallery.
There are three main squares in the city centre, each with its own shrine:
On Old Square (Slovene: Stari trg) there is a small chapel dedicated to Saint Anne. It was built in 1756 and remodelled in 1853 with wall paintings of Saint Anthony and Saint Florian on the side walls.
On Main Square (Slovene: Glavni trg) the monumental shrine is dedicated to the Virgin Mary and, in addition to the virgin on the top of the column, it bears statues of Saint Roch and Saint Sebastian at its base. It was erected in 1729 by the mayor, Matjaž Petek. It was renovated in 1854.
On Miklosich Square (Slovene: Miklošičev trg) there is a small chapel dedicated to Saint Florian. It was built in 1736 as part of the walled church enclosure.
The parish church in the town is dedicated to John the Baptist. It is an originally Gothic building that was adapted in the late 17th century to a triple-naved Baroque building with a walled enclosure.
Število prebivalcev: 11 374
Površina: 107,2 km²
Sedež: Vrazova ulica 1, 9240 Ljutomer
Telefon: 02 584 90 34
Telefax: 02 581 16 10
Županja: mag. Olga Karba
Janko Špindler, Telefon: 02 584 90 30
Niko Miholič, Telefon: 02 584 90 30
Direktorica občinske uprave: Angela Lukman
Telefon: 02 584 90 43 , E-pošta: email@example.com
Tel: ++386 (0)2 584 83 33
Ponedeljek – petek: 8:00 – 16:00
Sobota: 9.00 – 12.00
TIC Jeruzalem in Vinoteka Jeruzalem
Tel.: ++386 (0)2 719 45 45,++386 (0)31 812 620
Ponedeljek – petek: 10:00 – 16:00
Sobota – nedelja: 10.00 – 18.00