Mándok

Hungary

Mándok is a town in Szabolcs-Szatmár-Bereg county , in the Záhonyi district .

It is located in Nyírség , in the northeastern part of Szabolcs-Szatmár-Bereg county . It is located 14.5  km from Záhony, 6 km from Tuzsér , 16 km from Fényeslitke and 21 km from Kisvárda . It can be reached by train on the Mátészalka-Záhony railway line .

Monuments 

Greek Catholic Church 

The town’s Greek Catholic wooden church – architecturally unique in the country – originally stood on the edge of the village’s hill called Bukóc. It was demolished and transported to the Szentendre Open-Air Ethnographic Museum in the early 1970s . The date of construction of the church in honor of St. Nicholas is disputed – around 1550 or 1640. The church is a single-nave, rectangular, wooden house with an experienced harrow wall.

Reformed Church 

The Reformed church was built in 1828 , with a façade tower, covered with a transverse Czech glass vault, and is a simple, late Baroque listed building.Church of the Assumption of Our Lord, Mándok

Roman Catholic Church

The Roman Catholic church was built in 1821, until then the faithful only had a chapel in the castle. The building is a single-nave, facade tower, late baroque building with a classicist foyer, also a listed building .

Forgách Castle

The 15,000-acre Tisza manor center of the Counts of Forgách was built around 1750. The castle is a ground floor, late baroque building with a “U” floor plan, with a two-storey central radical and an attic roof. The main façade has 4 + 3 + 4 axes, its central radity is divided by ionic wooden pillars and is closed by a triangular gable. The garden façade has 5 + 3 + 5 axes, in the middle it is almost exactly the same as the risalit on the street side, with the coat of arms of Forgách in the triangular gable. There was a significant art collection in the castle, the fate of which is unknown. The castle park was once beautiful. The castle is a listed building and is currently in a very dilapidated condition. It is owned by the Knights TemplarIt was the Trans-Tisza Priority Association, although it started to renovate the building with a significant amount of state support, but the work stopped. It was saved from final destruction by its current owner when he protected the building from further destruction with a fence and a new roof. The complete reconstruction of the castle and its area could start in 2010 within the framework of the tender construction entitled New Development of the Northern Great Plain Operational Program for Business Purposes of the Northern Great Plain Operational Program, with a support rate of 60%. On October 22, 2015, the renovated listed castle was handed over and is operated as a castle hotel. 

In 1861 , an Israelite house of worship was built in the settlement, next to which there was a bath, but today no buildings are left.

Contact

Mayor
email
polgarmester@mandok.hu
address
Mándok, Ady E. út l.
phone
06/45 435-002