Mátészalka is a town in Szabolcs-Szatmár-Bereg county, in the Northern Great Plainregion of eastern Hungary. It is on the Kraszna River, 52 kilometers from the city of Nyiregyhaza.
- Mátészalka Swimming Pool and Thermal Bath – A new indoor swimming pool connected to the beach was completed in the autumn of 2007, with a six-lane swimming pool next to it with a training pool, indoor and outdoor swimming pool and sauna.
Due to the composition of the high-quality medicinal water of 57 degrees Celsius, which bursts from a depth of more than 1000 meters, it is mainly suitable for the treatment of locomotor diseases and for the relief of rheumatological complaints.
- Satu Mare Museum
- Railway Local History Collection, MÁV Station Mátészalka.
- Seven Leading Fountains (by Lajos Bíró ) – Inaugurated in the year of the millennium .
- Equestrian statue of St. Stephen – the work of Lajos Bíró.
- Bust of Imre Nagy – Sirpa Hannele Ihanus sculptor of Finnish origin (wife of Lajos Bíró),