Mélykút is a town in Bács-Kiskun county, in the Southern Great Plain region of southern Hungary in Bacska.
The town of Mélykút in Upper Bácska is located 10 km from Jánoshalma , 13 from Bácsalmás , 33 from Kiskunhalas , 36 from Baja and 39 km from Subotica , next to the main road 55 . Mélykút railway station is located on the Bátaszék – Baja – Kiskunhalas railway line . The Serpentine Main Canal flows on the outskirts of the city .
Deep well was first listed in the 1572 chamber census. The first known census after the expulsion of the Turks in 1699 shows that the village is inhabited by 21 tax-paying citizens and 5 boys. The population is more livestock than farmer. This small settlement was depopulated during the Rákóczi War of Independence. The XVIII. In the second decade of the 19th century, new settlers came from the northern, eastern and western counties of historical Hungary. The charter of 1729 already lists it as a pagan , inhabited place. On July 30, 1734, Archbishop Patacsics’ pastoral tour and visitatioduring ja he arrives at Mélykút. This is the first more serious document that looks into the life of the village, but also gives some reference to the past. Unholy, approx. Its 50-pound bell hung on a trunk next to the church. His patron is unknown, although a few years later the then landowner, the Grassalkovich family , undertook the burden in addition to the title without any discussion. A chapel with a hedge-like wall mixed with this mud, but without a thatched roof and attic, was built in honor of the Holy Trinity . According to folklore, the church is called the Holy Trinity, and in connection with this the Deep Well during the Turkish times is the so-called It was on and around Chapel Hill. The core of the newly settled village in 1728-29 was the Church of St. Bartholomew. The church was on the site of the now-disappeared Old Cemetery, west of today’s Lower Cemetery. THEAfter the Czobor family became extinct in 1750, his estate became the property of Count Grassalkovich. Grassalkovich erected a beautiful church in place of the reed-covered chapel.
The foundation of the current church was laid in 1761, giving the village a new central core. Over time, the development has evolved to this, so he has completely changed the old image of the village to the present day. By July 30, 1768, the church was quite finished, but it was used by the faithful as early as 1764, all the more so because from 1760, under the leadership of the friends of Subotica, it became an administration again. Today, only the tower, the porch and the stone wall of the old church are there. The old altar statues and other parts of the altar were placed in the crypt of the church. The altarpiece was also replaced with a new one: the new altarpiece was dr. It was painted by the parish priest Károly Zgama with the Oberhauer company in Budapest. The altarpiece depicts St. Joachim, with the little Virgin Mary on her knees. Mary holds an apple in her hand, and above the picture is the following inscription:”Potency in terra erit semen eius.” (“His successor will be mighty on Earth.”) From now on, the image of the village was shaped by the church. It was built on an outstanding hill, making it a suitable center. And with the construction of the parish dwelling in the northern corner and the village hall in the southern corner, two poles were formed, which attracted other settlements.
Deep well 2009 . city since July 1.