Nagyhalász is a town in Szabolcs-Szatmár-Bereg county , in the Ibrányi district .


Originally a braid style building. The Eszter Anóka City Library operates here. From 2012, the venue of local marriages is the large hall of the mansion, which is also a space for temporary exhibitions. A Kállay memorial room has been set up in the foreground, where we can also see the Kállay family tree made by Dr. Sarolta Lakatos.

  • Stork camera. The Hungarian Ornithological and Nature Conservation Association uses a webcam to provide continuous coverage of the Reformed church tower next to the white- nest nest next to the church during the breeding season


The settlement appeared in written sources in the middle of the 13th century, making it one of the oldest settlements in the county. The folk etymology of his name is known from one of the folk tales of the famous 19th century poet Mihály Tompa , for which he obtained material from Nagyhalász. According to the old fisherman and goldfish, the poor old fisherman, who managed to trap the princess’s favorite fish, received a noble letter from the king for his entire village, which has been named Fisher since that day and whose coat of arms is also adorned with two goldfish.

The settlement first appeared as Halaz. It was a royal estate and its inhabitants were the fishermen of the king. In the Árpádian era it became the property of the Szabolcs castle. Land depopulated following the destruction of the Tartars IV. Béla donated it to the Gutkeled clan in 1245 . The 14th century in the middle of Paksiak ancestor King received the donation, but the children of 1404 in Sigismund took it and gave Csapi Andrew. In 1454 it was owned by the Czudars and later by the Belfries of the Belts. Although depopulated in Turkish times, in 1566 it was once again one of the most populated places in Szabolcs County .

History mentions this city around 1245, when IV. King Bela donated it to Stephen comes. It got its original name from the fact that at first it consisted of only a few huts inhabited by fishermen, as in the past this area was almost always under water due to the frequent pouring of the Tisza , and the fish stock was very abundant, and in the time of the Árpádian kings it was one of his favorite headquarters. It was under the rule of the Szabolcs castle.


4485 Nagyhalász, Arany János utca 50.