Ózd is a town in Borsod-Abaúj-Zemplén county, Northern Hungary, 40 km (25 mi) from the county seat of Miskolc. Ózd is the second largest municipality in the county.
- Casino . For factory officials , it was built in 1884 in the Neo-Renaissance style according to the plans of an architect named Jedech .
- City museum . Local history collection, history of iron production, 19th century handicraft culture, mineral collection.
- Industrial open-air museum . An outdoor technical open- air museum .
- Arc travel Roman Catholic church . Dedicated to the exaltation of the Holy Cross. It was built from 1891 to 1893 by Jakab Szvoboda, a master builder from Salgótarján . His altarpiece was painted by Alajos Sajósy.
- Roman Catholic Church of Saint Simon . St. Simon and St. Jude consecrated in honor of Szentsimonban . The 13th-century Romanesque church was built in the 14th-15th centuries. It was rebuilt in the Gothic style in the 16th century. The mural of the nave was made in 1423 . The wooden ceiling of the painted cassette was made in 1650 , its organ was made around 1720 , the organ loft was made in 1750 .
- Sajóvárkonyi Roman Catholic Church . St. Nicholas is his patron saint. It dates from the 13th century , but its present shape is the result of a braid-style transformation around 1780 . The Baroque main altar was made in the 18th century .
- Bolyok district . Rosary Queen Church and Parish.
- Uraj . Church of the Immaculate Conception . It is Gothic, dating from the 15th century . It was remodeled in the 19th and 20th centuries . Its painted wooden ceiling was made in 1733 . The 18th century wooden statue of St. John of Nepomuk is a valuable memory of the church.
- Church of St. John the Baptist in Hodoscsépány . Full name of St. John the Baptist Martyrdom Church and Parish.
- Greek Catholic church . It was built in 2000 and designed by the Ybl-awarded architect Csaba Bodonyi and dedicated to the protection of the Mother of God.
- Lutheran church . A neo – Gothic church designed by architect Gyula Szvoboda and handed over in 1902 .
- Reformed Church . It was built in 1905 according to the plans of architect Gyula Szvoboda . From the donation of the faithful and with the support of the Iron Factory. His organ was built by József Angster in 1912 .
In Ózd, the Factory History Show was created in 1971 to display the history of iron production with a long history. Over the years, thanks to diligent collecting work, the collection has gradually expanded with objects depicting the living conditions of the workers, with cultural-historical memories of the city and its surroundings. With an expanded collection since 1994, it has been housed in the listed building of the Factory School , built in 1895, as a Museum Collection .
The Digital Power Plant is located on the site of the former Metallurgical Works , where the so-called Digital Carpathian Basin Exhibition can also be seen. The power plant is often a venue for exhibitions and events. The National Film History Adventure Park serves as the home of the film history exhibition of the past and the present. The building has a wall called the green box, which can be a perfect choice for a clip or film shoot. The biggest and most special element of the exhibition; a T-34 tank.
The conserved elements of the Art Nouveau hall space provide an exciting contrast with contemporary architectural solutions for exhibitions and exhibitions. The corridors formed by the electrical distributors preserved at the basement level, as well as the areas delimited by a naturally lit arched ramp coming from the hall space, serve as a perfect venue for fine and applied arts or interactive exhibitions.
The Reader’s lecture hall from the auditorium. It is often home to Dumas Theater performancesThe Reading Association was founded in the settlement in 1884, which for many decades provided the public library service, the operation of the creative cultural communities, and the cultural opportunities of the population. In 1895 the factory brass band was already operating, in 1896 the acting group began its rehearsals, in 1897 the present-day singing band was formed. In 1912, the first cinema in the village was handed over. The factory, Rimamurány-Salgótarjáni Vasmű Rt., Provided a regular and secure earning opportunity for the people living here. The Rt. Built a Casino for the factory officials, but did not forget about the factory workers either. The imposing house of the Reading Association was built in 1923-24, which still stands in its built form at that time.
The building of the Ózd Officer’s Casino was located in the area between Gyár utca, the center of Ózd at the turn of the century, and the individually curved Tisztisor (now Bajcsy-Zsilinszky utca), in the immediate vicinity of the Main Factory. There is a Mirror Room on the first floor of the buildingThe layout of the roads leading to the area is still unchanged (except for the Arc road crossing), it is still an individually designed part of the urban fabric. The key role of the Casino building has been maintained or increased by the establishment of a decorative square on its western side (today: Október 23. tér). The immediate surroundings of the complex have changed, losing their representative character (mostly used for car parking), but the wooded character of the back garden has been retained. The casino’s ballroomFor factory officials, the eclectic-style casino was built in 1884, based on the camels of an architect named Jedech. Here the officer’s dining room, reading room, dance hall, billiard room and guest rooms have been designed. The building gained its present form after the 1938 remodeling, but its exterior image was not changed. The most magnificent room of the casino, the so-called The mirror room was fitted with concealed lighting and stucco ceilings.The corridor to the first floor leads to the ballroomIt was used as a casino until 1945, in the post-World War II socialist era the building housed the House of Technology, the MTESZ Club, a technical library and some offices of the metallurgical plants for a longer or shorter period of time. Nowadays, the renovated building houses an educational institution – the Ferenc Erkel Music School. In the other part of the building block, on the side facing Október 23. tér, was the János Bólyai Military Technical Faculty of the Miklós Zrínyi University of National Defense.
The former dance hall – is excellent for conferences, festive gatherings, and in the spring of every year it hosts the opening program of the Ózd Days, the festive board meeting. The Music School has also found a home in the renovated Casino. The building is one of the venues of local higher education, as the lectures of the Ózd Outsourced Department of the University of Miskolc are conducted here, but previously – as mentioned above – the János Bolyai Military Technical Faculty of the Miklós Zrínyi National Defense University .
The bronze statue on a red marble pedestal was erected as a liberation monument in the town of Ózd on April 4, 1970. The date on the pedestal refers to the day of victory, May 9, 1945. Its creator is Pál Pátzay, a two-time Kossuth Prize-winning outstanding artist.
Urban legend for the statue: when the bus station was relocated in the city area, the statue pointed towards the new station, so it was figured out that the female figure helps with orientation, showing the way to those waiting at the stop. Or something like that, it’s not easy to put it meaningfully. They tried to dissolve the original meaning of the monument with humor, somehow.