Pásztó is a town in Nógrád County, Hungary.
Points of interest
- Monastery : The ruined garden evokes the city’s past with the remains of the Benedictine and then the Cistercian monastery. Located in the restored Baroque monastery building, dr. Rajeczky Benjamin , the last Pásztó slash , Europe famous musicologist memorial room.
- Zoltán Kodály collected the melody of one of his best-known choral works, the Evening Song, and the lyrics of the first two verses in 1922 .
Csohány Kálmán Gallery
On December 14, 2001, a new exhibition space was added to the museum garden. It was then that the permanent exhibition of the great-born Pásztó, graphic artist Kálmán Csohány, opened in the listed building built in the 1870s. With the opening of the gallery, it was possible to present etchings, lithographs, individual drawings, watercolors, ceramics, ie about 150 works of art from the entire oeuvre of the two-time Munkácsy Prize-winning artist. Kálmán Csohány was born in 1925 in Pásztó. He was one of the defining personalities of the graphic generation of the 1960s. In his etchings, ink drawings and lithographs, folk symbolism appears with an emotionally rich, ballad-concise individual tone. They convey gloomy, painful visions of powerful yet concise graphic lines. Recurring motifs: birds, trees, winged angels, gates. His book illustrating activity is also significant, illustrations for masterpieces of Hungarian and world literature (including works by Áron Tamási, Jenő Józsi Tersánszky, Attila József, Lajos Áprily, Lajos Kassák, Gyula Illyés, Tibor Déry). He burned his plans for painted flat ceramics in Hódmezővásárhely. Since 1952, he has been a regular exhibitor at Hungarian and foreign exhibitions and at domestic and international graphic biennials. Kálmán Csohány died on April 2, 1980 in Budapest. He wishes to rest in the Holy Spirit Cemetery in Pásztó. he died on April 2 in Budapest. He wishes to rest in the Holy Spirit Cemetery in Pásztó. he died on April 2 in Budapest. He wishes to rest in the Holy Spirit Cemetery in Pásztó.
St. Lawrence Parish Church
- The Schoolmaster’s House in the listed area is mentioned in a charter as early as 1428 . The “school of masters” was built in the Mátra region in the usual way, from round, rolled stream stones. Under one of the rooms, a granary was built, in which archaeologists found all the utensils of a medieval family.
The Pásztó Museum
- The message of millions of years in Nógrád
- From grass to wood – photo exhibition
- History of the Cistercian Order in the Middle Ages
- Pásztó Centuries – a local history exhibition from the history of the city
- Benjamin Rajeczky memorial room
- Kálmán Csohány Gallery
- István Gaál memorial room
- Ruins of a medieval monastery
- Medieval blacksmith shop
- Medieval glass frost
- Viticulture at the bottom of the Mátra