Pilisvörösvár

Hungary

Pilisvörösvár is a town in Pest countyHungary. It is twinned with SchrambergGermany.

Sights

Near the center 

  • City Hall (Fő tér 1.) – The second oldest building in the city, it may have been built around 1750. It was a post office station until 1888, and was then converted into a guest house for a few years; It was purchased in 1895 for the purpose of the town hall of the prefecture. It has gained its present appearance as a result of several reconstructions in the 20th century. Its architectural values ​​include the vaulted ceilings of the ground-floor rooms and the large courtyard cellar.
  • Partnership Monument (in front of the Town Hall) – A circular bronze monument built in the decorative cover of the main square is the work of sculptor Dávid Raffay.
  • Roman Catholic Church – After the Turkish conquest , the very first church of the Germans who settled in Red Castle at that time was built of woodaround 1696 . The first stone churchwas already standing in 1703 – its builder was Johann Danckmayr, a local bricklayer – but it was notdedicateduntil 1705 inthe name of the Apostles St. Philip and St. James . In the middle ofthe 18th century , presumably due to a reconstruction, the church was rededicated inhonor of All Saints . A few more years laterthe church was consecrated in the name of the Assumption ( 1757Since then, the Grand Duchess of Hungary has been the patron saint of the otherwise Swabian-majority parish and church. The tower of the Classicist- style church was built in 1797 – it gained its current dimensions in 1932-34 – and its sanctuary and sacristy were built in 1802. The stained glass windows were made by glass painters Johan Hugó and Imre Zsellér in 1933. Its main altar is a monument, which stood in the Buda Castle until 1945. Its crypt was built by Imre Madách’s writing mother, Imre Madách’s chamber wife, Anna Majthényi, for family members. The parish building near the church is the oldest residential building in the city.
  • Gizella statue (Templom tér) – The bronze statue of the wife of King St. Stephen – which is the work of the sculptor Dávid Tóth – was erected in 2000 in the garden of the church.
  • Millennium Monument – Also a relief erected in 2000 on the side of the great church; from spring to autumn it forms the backdrop for the outdoor altar on several church holidays and outdoor Masses.
  • Settlement Monument – To commemorate the settlement of the Germans in Pilisvörösvár in 2015 . On August 15 , the farewell day of the parish of Pilisvörösvár, four groups of statues were erected in a small square on the corner of Iskola Street and Templom Square, which was renamed Betelepülő tere at the same time as the monument was inaugurated. The work of sculptor Pál Szinvai is a four-member, XVII. It depicts the moment of the arrival of the settling family in Pilisvörösvár in the 16th century , the 325th anniversary of the settlement gave a statement about the monument.
  • House of Arts (127, Fő utca, at the intersection of Fő utca and Szabadság utca) – In the second half of the 19th century , a pub was built on the site of today’s town house of culture, operated in the 1880s by the maternal grandfather of Bálint Hóman The pub was rebuilt by one of the later owners into a multi-room restaurant with a stage in 1929 , and the cultural house was established after 1945. The facility has been called the House of Arts since the renovation began in the 2000s .
  • Swabian Corner (at the intersection of Fő utca and Iskola utca) – 2013 . August 17It was inaugurated as the newest event venue in the city, using the courtyard wings and outbuildings of a municipally owned building on the corner of Fő utca and Iskola utca since 2010 (former abattoir and butcher shop, later vegetable shop, then stalls and residential house). The building is a typical representative of the industrial and commercial dwellings that were once built in many places in the city, and due to its good condition and central location, it is of outstanding value from the point of view of value protection. The facility is also used for the presentation of ethnographic material stored in the warehouses of the Village Museum (which cannot be presented there due to lack of space) in the form of temporary exhibitions, as well as for organizing smaller outdoor events. The exhibition space is part of the House of Arts, which is directly adjacent to it, as a separate site.
  • Village Museum (Local History Collection, Kápolna utca 10.) – The local history collection of the town was established in an old farmhouse, which was purchased in 1992 with the support of the German Ministry of the Interior by the traditional association of the settlement. The facility opened on August 16, 1993, but the collection of exhibited local history material began as early as 1976 by the museum’s later founder.
  • Maria-hilf Chapel (Pfeiffer Chapel or Stui Chapel, Vásár Square) – The chapel was built in 1773 by Miller Matthias Steinmillner (according to other data Steinmüller), making it the third oldest building in the city today. It has been renovated several times since, most recently in 2000 . Once a year, Easter Sunday can be visited at dawn.
  • St. Florian’s Chapel (Szent Erzsébet utca 1.) – Built in the early 1800s, its altarpiece depicts St. Florian , St. Sebastian , St. Roch and St. Rosalia .
  • St. John of Nepomuk statue (St. John’s Square) – The statue was probably made around 1860-70, was originally a colorful painted artwork, which is near the present location of installation, has been buried on the shore of a lake, it was private land. It took its current place in 2011, when the space was arranged, and gained its current natural color during the 2000 restoration.

In and near Szabadságliget

  • Church of the Holy Family in Szabadságliget (Kisfaludy Street) – Built in the early 1990s according to the plans of Istvánné Botzheim; the interior of the church was designed by Dénes Perczel with the altar, the altarpiece and the reading stand . It was consecrated on Easter Monday 1992 by Bishop Nándor Takács . Its tower was completed in 2005, based on the plans of Ede Schuck, István Füstös and Péter Danáczi. Its ecclesiastical status is a place of mass, where worship is held twice a week and a liturgy one day. 
  • Forest Chapel (139th Kápolna Street) – A chapel stood on its site around 1780 , erected by Gáspár Spiegelberger in memory of the victims of previous plagues and was very popular with pilgrims. Today’s chapel was built in the 1840s and in 1851 . it was dedicated on June 10 in the name of the Virgin of the Seven Sorrows and the fourteen helping saints. It was last renovated in 1998 and its surroundings were settled in 2009 as a municipal investment. Its ecclesiastical status is a place of mass , where masses are held from Easter to October, on Saturdays and Pentecost , the latter day also being the farewell day of the chapel. 
  • Calvary Chapel (Kálvária Street) – The first Calvary Chapel of Pilisvörösvár was built around 1710 on the same site, the current chapel was built around 1850 ; the stone-carved stations were made in 1901, and their present condition was achieved by renovation in 2000.
  • Catholic cemetery (Csobánkai street)
  • Jewish cemetery (Lőcsei street) – Before the Second World War , dozens of Jewish families lived in Pilisvörösvár and the surrounding settlements, the burial garden on Lőcsei street served as his burial place. They have not been buried here since the late 1940s, the cemetery is a monument of local significance, with many beautiful old tombstones, much of which can still be read today.
  • Lahmkruam Local History Memorial Park (Petőfi S. u.) – On the site of the former clay mine of the town in 2009 . The name of the local history memorial park, handed over on September 25 , at a cost of about 15 million forints, refers to the original utilization of the area (Lahmkruam in Swabian means a clay pit, a clay mine). Promenades, a lake and a small island were built in its territory, the originally only information board was built in 2011 . and on May 29 , it was followed by the inauguration of new signs, from which visitors can learn about the most important stations in the history of Pilisvörösvár since the German settlement more than 300 years earlier; There is talk on the bilingual signs about the construction of the church, the former orchestra bands and the localcoal mine . 
  • Petőfi statue (Eperjesi street) – The bust was originally created by sculptor Miklós Izsó. The artificial stone copy shown here was made by stone sculptor István Manhertz. The statue was made in 2013 . inaugurated on May 1 . An unknown perpetrator set fire to the veil covering the statue waiting to be unveiled the night before the initiation, but this did not cause irreparable damage to the work. This is the poet’s second statue in the city in 4 years. The first was claimed in 2010 and was donated by a radical party, cf. below!
  • Mű-Hely Gallery (Hunyadi J. u. 70.) – The private gallery of the painter Gizella Czeglédi , which regularly hosts exhibitions, literary and musical events and other cultural programs by other artists or collectors in addition to the host. 

In and near the mining site 

  • Bányász Memorial Park (Rákóczi utca) – The memorial park was established on the initiative of István Zelenai in the central square of the former Mining Plant in Pilisvörösvár. Its central element is the monument of the sculptor Béla Bajnok , which was originally erected in the square in front of the then town hall in 1978, in memory of the great mining strike in Pilisvörösvár in 1928 . The monument was relocated to the former city Mining Site in 2009 due to the reconstruction of the main square in front of the town hall and a chill filled with pieces of stone painted in black (thus imitating coal )., and the memorial park was created using mining symbols formed from paving stones, which was completed in 2011 in its current state. A few steps away from the now largely developed as housing a former mining chief officer, mining administrative buildings, which are one of the (now Sunny Side Nursing Home) they developed mining memorial room, yard and erected a statue of Adam Muttnyánszky former Red Castle Mine principal engineer, later prestigious technical university professor.
  • Monuments of Heroes (Heroes’ Square) – In the square there are four monuments: the statue of Heroes in 1920 commemorating the victims of the First World War, the monument of the 1956 Revolution and the War of Independence in 1991, the monument of the 1848-49 Revolution and the War of Independence in 1993 in, an obelisk commemorating the victims of World War II was erected in 2002. To the east of the square stands the 2009 Trianon Monument.
  • Reformed Church (corner of Árpád Street – Vágóhíd Street) – This place used to house an old farmhouse, which was used in 1947 by the Reformed Mission Parish, which unites the Reformed inhabitants of the surrounding settlements, and which was converted into a church by 1950 . On the site of the small house, a new church was built in the first half of the 1980s according to the plans of István Botzheim; the cornerstone of the settlement – at the same time as the new pastor of the settlement, János Riskó , in 1981 . was placed on June 28 , 1985 . It was performed by Bishop László Berzétei on October 13 . 
  • Bányatelepi Chapel ( St. Borbála Parish Church, Bányakápolna u. 2.) – was built in 1930 from a building that used to be a workers’ shelter for workers working in the coal mine. It has been an independent parish church since 1967.
  • Magic Stone Gallery (temporary exhibition space)

In the outer parts of the city 

  • Petofi Statue (Görgey Street) – A wood-carved bust offered to the city by the local organization Jobbik . It was first set up on the Heroes’ Square in 2010 , emphatically on a temporary basis . on March 15 , it was later moved to a recreation park next to the playground on Görgey Street, the city’s largest playground.
  • Pilisvörösvár Lake System – the five mining lakes located in the south-southeastern part of the city are mainly used for fishing and recreation by those living in the area.
  • Háziréti Reservoir – a dammed lake in the easternmost part of the city, is a popular place for hiking and fishing, maintained by a union of seven fishing associations.
  • Klotild Cave , which is a specially protected cave. It is located on the outskirts of the city.

Contact

Pilisvörösvár
email
info@pilisvorosvar.hu
address
2085 Pilisvörösvár, Fő tér 1.
phone
(+36 26) 330-233