The Saumur media library has been attached since 2006 to the network of libraries of the Saumur Loire Développement agglomeration community ; network of eighteen establishments .
Several cultural events take place in the city, such as the National Book and Wine Days created in 1996, and the 2016 edition of which took place from 9 to April 10with nearly one hundred and thirty guest authors, or the international exhibition of naive art.
Saumur is a town in bloom which obtained three flowers in the competition of towns and villages in bloom in the 2006 prize list. It was demoted to two flowers in the 2013 prize list.Half-timbered houses in Saint Peter’s Square.Narrow street in the old town.Religious heritage
- Notre-Dame-de-la-Visitation Convent , now barracks;
- the Notre-Dame-de-Nantilly is the oldest of Saumur built in the first half of the xii th century in Romanesque style, it was then with the xv th century a vast Gothic aisle built on the orders of Louis XI . It has been classified as a historical monument since 1840;
- the Church of St. Peter ( xii th - xvii th century) in the steeple twisted ;
- the chapel of Notre-Dame-des-Ardilliers and the house of the Oratory;
- Church of St. Lambert Levees ( xiii th century);
- the Saint-Jean chapel ;
- the Protestant temple (1843);
- the Notre-Dame des Ardilliers convent ;
- the Saint-Nicolas church.
- The Bagneux dolmen ( Neolithic );
- Saumur Castle ( xiv th - xix th century);
- the Cavalry School , called for several decades the Cavalry Armored Weapon Application School (EAABC), the birthplace of the Cadre Noir ;
- the National Riding School founded in 1814, the current place of teaching of the Cadre Noir and center of French riding ;
- City Hall ;
- the Blancler hotel;
- the castle of Beaulieu;
- the hotel de Castellane (private mansion that belonged to the Aldebert family and in which the city wanted to install a casino);
- the house of the Queen of Sicily;
- hotels in the old quarter;
- the house of the Compagnons du Devoir ;
- The Ackerman House;
- The house of fine bubbles Veuve Amiot, founded in 1884 by Elisa Amiot and which still welcomes visitors to the original production site today.
The Ackerman house , the Combier distillery , the sparkling wines of the Saumur appellation area , its proximity to the Saumur-Champigny production areas , the tradition of producing mushrooms, asparagus and other vegetables.