Local Culture and Heritage
Places and monuments
- The Cathedral of St. Gervais and St. Protais , rue Buerie
- The abbey of Saint-Jean-des-Vignes , rue Saint-Jean.
- The Saint-Léger abbey , rue Saint-Léger.
- The old Saint-Médard abbey , place Saint-Médard.
- The Saint-Crépin-le-Grand Abbey , founded in the 5th century, closed in 1790, premises converted for private use
- The Saint-Crépin-en-Chaye Abbey , destroyed
- The Church of the Resurrection, avenue Robert Schuman, in the district of Preles.
- The Sainte-Eugénie church, Place Finfe, near the station.
- The Saint-Waast church, rue de la Porte de Crouy.
- Saint-Crépin church, boulevard Victor Hugo
- The chapel of the Saint-Remy high school, rue Saint-Jean.
- The chapel of the Saint-Vincent-de-Paul high school, avenue de Reims
- The former Saint-Charles chapel of Camille Claudel high school, rue Panleu
Soissons still houses some remains of ancient religious monuments that have disappeared:
- of the old Notre-Dame abbey , rue Vieille Gagnerie, founded in the Merovingian period and razed to the ground during the Revolution, two Romanesque bays remain in the north arm of the transept (Saint-Pierre square).
- the west portal of the former collegiate church St-Pierre-au-Parvis , Place Fernand Marquigny, dated xii th century (St. Peter’s Square).
- archaeological excavations carried out in 1983-1984 brought to light the foundations of the former church of the Feuillants convent in Soissons that Marshal of France François-Annibal , Duke of Estrées , and his wife Marie de Béthune had built around 1627-1629.
- former Saint-Paul de Soissons abbey .
- The City Hall. Former Intendance hotel, built by architect Jean-François Advyné, between 1772 and 1775, at the request of the intendant Le Pelletier de Mortefontaine on the site of the former castle of the counts of Soissons. The town hall moved there in 1833.
- The Arsenal: site of the Soissons museum , place of contemporary art exhibitions.
- The English footbridge. The deck is a concrete caisson built in corbelled form from a counterweight abutment with a central isostatic beam 20.50 m long. The road has a width of 3.50 m between guardrails.
The original bridge was destroyed in 1914. It was rebuilt by British soldiers, and logically took the name of Pont des Anglais. Once again destroyed in World War II , the bridge was rebuilt in 1950 as a pedestrian bridge.
- The covered market, built in 1908 by the architect Albert-Désiré Guilbert (1866-1949).
- The Barral hotel .
- The cynodrome , where greyhound races take place .
- Monument to the fallen of the War of 1870-1871 .
- War Memorial 1914-1918 .
- British Memorial 1914-1918 .
- Monument to the work of cooperative societies for the reconstruction of liberated regions and to the memory of Guy de Lubersac .