Spišské Podhradie is situated at the foot of the hill of Spiš Castle. It had a Zipser German settlement, with its own church and priest, in 1174. Just above, and adjacent to, the town is the ecclesiastical settlement of Spišská Kapitula (hence an old German name Kirchdorf, meaning “church town”). The town contains a number of Renaissance merchants’ houses. It also has one of the few remaining synagogue buildings (now disused) in the region.
Mariánske námestie 37 053 04 Spišské Podhradie
+421 53 41 951