Târgu Lăpuș is a town in Maramureș County, northern Transylvania, Romania, on the river Lăpuș. In 2011, it had a population of 11,744. Of these, 86.5% were Romanians, 12.4% Hungarians and 1% Roma. 74.5% belonged to the Romanian Orthodox Church, 10.1% to the Reformed Church, 7.3% were Pentecostal, 4% Greek-Catholic and 2.7% Roman Catholic.
The town administers thirteen villages: Boiereni (Boérfalva), Borcut (Borkút), Cufoaia (Kohópatak), Dămăcușeni (Domokos), Dobricu Lăpușului (Láposdebrek), Dumbrava (Kisdebrecen), Fântânele (until 1960 Poiana Porcului; Lápospataka), Groape (Groppa), Inău (Ünőmező), Răzoare (Macskamező), Rogoz (Rogoz), Rohia (Rohi) and Stoiceni (Sztojkafalva).
The Church of the Holy Archangels in Rogoz village is one of eight Wooden Churches of Maramureș listed by UNESCO as a World Heritage Site. Among the town’s historic buildings are also the Roman Catholic church (1752), the Calvinist church (1839), the Orthodox church (1906-1912), the old school (1858), and the old town hall, now a dispensary (19th century). Rohia Monastery is also located within the town limits.