Temple Neuf

France

Temple Neuf, meaning “New Temple” is a Protestant church in Metz, France. It is located on place de la Comédie (next to Opéra-Théâtre), at the center of the Jardin d’Amour on the southwestern edge of Île du Petit-Saulcy, which is surrounded by the Moselle.

The church was built by Glod, with the first stone being laid on 25 November 1901 (when Metz was a part of the German Empire), following plans by architect Conrad Wahn. It was inaugurated as the Neue evangelische Kirche on 14 May 1904 in the presence of Wilhelm II, German Emperor, and his wife Augusta Victoria of Schleswig-Holstein. The church is an example of Romanesque Revival architecture, and has been a monument historique of France since 1930.

Contact

Temple Neuf
email
Via contact form
address
1 Place de la Comédie 57000 Metz
phone
07 66 86 79 12