The qualifier of “Haine-Saint-Pierre station” was used for the first time in 1866. The station was stopped due to the creation of a new station. railway station a few hundred meters away, it is the Louvière-Sud station. The site was bought by the municipality of La Louvière in 1985. This has renovated the buildings and since 1989, they have housed one of the branches. of the Regional Ecomuseum of the Center dedicated to the Interpretation of Construction and Railway Life.
The Construction and Railway Life Interpretation Center houses permanent exhibitions. In the two former waiting rooms, you can see explanatory panels retracing the history and evolution of railway construction, tables retracing the typical day of a railway worker, old rail tools are on display as well as models, reduced trains and stations.
In addition to this small museum testifying to a rich economic and social past for Haine-Saint-Pierre, part of the premises of the station is occupied by the Cercle d’Histoire Henri Guillemin, which contributes safeguarding the cultural and folklore heritage by publishing numerous collections devoted to history and regional life.