Tiszacsege

Hungary

Tiszacsege is a town in Hajdú-Bihar county, in the Northern Great Plain region of eastern Hungary.

Sights

  • Reformed Church ( 18th century , Baroque )

The first stone building in the city is the Reformed Church. It was made in the 14th or 15th century in Gothic style. The original church can be deduced from a map made by Deák Lázár before the disaster in Mohács, but published only in 1528: this church is depicted as a fortified, bastion-surrounded, gabled tower with a parapet. Your church fortress also served to protect the population. A charter from 1461 also refers to this when he names the church as “vici Chastel”, that is, as a forecourt, a castle-like structure. In 1596 , the Crimean Tatars , allied with the Turks, wreaked havoc in the areadestroyed. It was rebuilt around 1621. A wooden belfry was erected in place of the collapsed tower. The current Baroque form of the church was given between 1856 and 1887. A document, a bottle of wine, and a copy of the money in circulation were placed under the pedestal of the new tower. Renovations in 1975 revealed the remains of a Gothic building, the entrance to a walled sacristy from the street, and the window sills on the south side. It was then that the mason’s guild badge that built the church also appeared. The building stone of the church, the volcanic tuff, was transported from the Tokaj area on the Tisza ship. The cinterem, the cemetery on the south side, belonged to the church. The Csegians were buried here until 1787. According to a custom dating back to pre-Christian times, the tombs were oriented east. In the summer of 2004, the exterior of the church was completely renovated, during the time of Pastor Barna Mészáros and caretaker Sándor Fülöp.

  • Celery house

The town is home to the Zsellér House, built in 1833 , which has been welcoming visitors as a museum since 1962, including the 19th century. With an exhibition presenting the living conditions of the inhabitants of Csege. The cellar house dates back to the 19th century. presents the memories of the peasant way of life at the end of the 19th century with a permanent exhibition character. The house was built by its former owner, the Ferge family. The building has whitewashed adobe walls and a thatched roof. Entering the atrium of the triple serf house, we find ourselves facing the kitchen. The room has an original stove oven, which could be heated from the kitchen. On the other side of the atrium, though, is the ventricle. The kitchen equipment of the Museum House consists of earthenware, cutlery and various utensils made in the pottery workshops of Tiszafüred and Mezőcsát. According to the traditional peasant way of life, the place of the women was around the furnace and the fireplace, and the men, while sitting on the corner, ate and farmed. Guests were seated in an armchair in front of her bride. The Zsellér House in Tiszacsege was declared a folk architectural monument in 1963.

  • Firecracker Museum

The ethnographic specialty of the town is the dichotomy. The essence of this was that until the middle of the last century, the group of dwellings was separated from the so-called accommodation gardens, which served as the economic courtyard, which surrounded the dwellings built in the inner core as an outer ring. The XVIII. In the 16th century, Tüzelős was part of the accommodation garden. The peasantry of Csege kept the herd in these pens, which consisted mainly of cattle. These pens were quite primitive. Most of them are made of reed or canvas masonry. The top was beetle-backed, covered with straw and weeds, vomited to the ground. Their front door opened on the longitudinal side. It was often protected by a gado or a vault in front of a door. Inside the fireboxes, small windows shed light on the front door wall from right to left. The doors of the fire pits were double-skinned, this was also common on the doors of the barns. The upper part of the door could be opened separately. This also made it possible to illuminate and ventilate the interior of the firebox. In addition to the manger, seating and reclining benches for men caring for the animals were also installed, orbunk beds , dicos, were placed, they often sat on shrubs . 

  • Tiszacsegei Thermal Beach

The two spa baths with a spa pool and a boating lake were built on the thermal water of 80 ° C, which was discovered in 1972 and contains a lot of dissolved organic matter . The bath water is suitable for the treatment of bone, skin, muscle and rheumatic diseases. Adjacent to the beach is the Moonlight Camping on a two-hectare area, which, with its shady trees, serves 500 people in a quiet environment.

  • Dead Tisza and Kácsa island

The Holt-Tisza – officially known as the Nagyerdei or Miskafok backwater – was part of the living Tisza until the regulation of the river. It has a total area of ​​30 hectares and a length of 4 and a half kilometers. Kácsa Island is surrounded by the Dead Tisza. This highly protected landscape, with its unique primeval status in the area, is a real biosphere reserve, similar to which is not found in Hungary or Europe. Of the 700 hectares, 340 hectares are covered with forest. Both Holt-Tisza and Kács islands are protected by the Hortobágy National Park.

Tourism 

The village is connected to the Ároktő on the other side of the Tisza by a regular motor ferry. Its special feature is that the ferry has paddle wheels, similar to the Benki ferry. On the banks of the Tisza, a boat dock, a holiday boat [18] harbor, a fishing tavern, a children’s water camp, fishing places serve the rest areas and water sports.

Permanent programs:

  • Fish Soup Festival: The first Saturday in July is a 1-day event
  • Csege Days: The first weekend of August is a 3-day event
  • Catfish Paprika Cooking Festival: The first Saturday in September is a 1-day event
  • Nagymajori Castle or Vay Castle

Contact

Tiszacsege
email
ametal.tiszacsege@gmail.com
address
4066 Tiszacsege, Kossuth u. 5.
phone
06 52 588-400