The University of Business Studies is an academic institution that grew out of the Faculty of Business Studies in Banja Luka. In 2006, the consent of the Ministry of Education and Culture of the Republic of Srpska was obtained. This University was founded with a basic commitment to introduce the most modern contents and programs in the field of higher education in the field of economics, information technology and design, ecology, journalism and communication, tourism and hospitality and law. The University uses especially modern methods of realization of the teaching process aimed at acquiring quality scientific knowledge and skills that lead to the acquisition of students’ competence to perform complex tasks in research and practice.
The University of Business Studies is organized to cover three scientific fields:
- Field of social sciences
- Field of natural sciences
- Field of technical sciences
In the period from February to October 2007, the licensing of the University of Business Studies Banja Luka was carried out, and on August 15, 2007, by the act of the Ministry of Education and Culture of Republika Srpska, the Decision on fulfilling the conditions for starting the University of Business Studies Banja Luka was issued.
The University has licensed programs for teaching outside its headquarters, in Bijeljina and East Sarajevo.
The University of Business Studies has licensed study programs in the first and second cycles of education.
The first cycle of education
- Business and Financial Studies – 180 ECTS
- Finance, banking and insurance – 240 ECTS
- Management and marketing – 180 ECTS
- Management and marketing of small and medium enterprises – 240 ECTS
- Graphic design – 180 ECTS
- Graphic design – 240 ECTS
- Computer and information technologies – 180 ECTS
- Computer and information technologies – 240 ECTS
- Ecology – 180 ECTS
- Ecology – 240 ECTS
- Tourism and Hospitality – 180 ECTS
- Tourism and Hospitality – 240 ECTS
- Journalism and Communication – 180 ECTS
- Legal Sciences – 240 ECTS.
Second cycle of education
- Financial, banking and stock exchange management – 60 ETCS
- Management and marketing of small and medium enterprises – 60 ETCS
- Ecology – 60 ETCS
- Information Technology – 60 ETCS
- Design – 60 ETCS
- Legal Sciences – 60 ETCS
- Tourism and Hospitality (tourism, hospitality, gastronomy, restaurateurs) – 60 ETCS.
The university has 8 organizational units:
- Faculty of Business and Financial Studies
- Faculty of Applied Economics
- Faculty of Information Technology and Design
- Faculty of Ecology
- Faculty of Tourism and Hospitality
- Faculty of Journalism and Communication
- Faculty of Law
- Scientific Research Institute