Vicovu de Sus is a town in northern Suceava County, on the border with Ukraine. It is situated in the historical region of Bukovina. The town administers one village, Bivolărie.
It was bought by Ștefan cel Mare for Putna Monastery in the year 1466. The locality, previously a rural commune, received town status in 2004.
According to the 2011 census, there was a total population of 13,053 people living in the town. Of this population, 94.7% were ethnic Romanians and 5% ethnic Romani. 76.7% were Romanian Orthodox, 20.9% Pentecostal and 2% Baptist.